The conference will start at 12:30pm on Monday 23rd of April with a buffet lunch and will end on the afternoon of Tuesday 24th at around 3:30pm. The attendance fee includes overnight accommodation and the Society dinner on the Monday evening. On-line booking and payment is now available.
Confirmed presentations for the next conference include:
- A Broadband LNA Design in Common-Source Configuration for Reconfigurable Multi-standards Multi-bands Communications, Sunday C. Ekpo, Rupak Kharel and MfonObong Uko, Manchester Metropolitan University
- A New Golden Age of Radio Development tools for Software Defined Radio, Richard G. Ranson, Radio System Design Ltd
- A Transmission Line-Based Load Compensation Network for Outphasing Power Amplifiers, Aleksander Bogusz, Jonathan Lees, Roberto Quaglia, Gavin Watkins and Steve C. Cripps, Cardiff University
- Analysis of the VSWR Withstand Capability of a Balanced Amplifier, John Walker1 and Malcolm Edwards2, 1:Integra Technologies, Inc. 2:Applied Wave Research Corporation
- Cost-Effective Hybrid Input-Matched GaN Transistor for S-band Radar Applications, Robert Smith*, Liam Devlin*, Raj Santhakumar#, Richard Martin#, *Plextek RFI, #Qorvo Inc.
- Effect of supply modulator voltage ripple on efficiency and linearity in Envelope Tracking Power Amplifiers, Sattam Alsahali, Alexander Alt, Peng Chen and Jonathan Lees, Cardiff University
- Frequency Selective Surface with Miniaturized Elements: a Different Approach, Muaad Hussein, Jiafeng Zhou and Yi Huang, University of Liverpool
- High-Speed and Wideband On-Wafer Load Pull for Model Extraction, Validation and Design, Jim Creed, Castle Microwave, on behalf of Maury Microwave Corporation
- Mutual Coupling Impact on GaN Power Amplifiers in Antenna Array Systems, Maria Jesus Canavate Sanchez, Souheil Bensmida, Konstantinos Mimis, George Goussetis, Apostolos Georgiadis, Gavin Watkins and Mark Beach, Heriot-Watt University
- Power Amplifier Design using Discrete GaN Transistors: Extending Frequency Bandwidth, Lord Ali, Surface Technology International Ltd
- RF Performance Potential of Diamond Field Effect Transistors, Stephen Russell, Salah Sharabi, Alexandre Tallaire, and David A. J. Moran, Universities of Glasgow and Paris
- The Design and Evaluation of a Plastic Packaged Single-Chip FEM for 28GHz 5G, Stuart Glynn, Robert Smith, Liam Devlin, Andy Dearn, Graham Pearson, Plextek RFI
- The Dual-Input Doherty Amplifier, Gareth Lloyd, Rohde & Schwarz
- Two Port Cylindrical Cavity Enables Efficient Power Delivery- Through Power Combining & Scaling in a Solid State System, Kauser Chaudhry and Dr Jonathan Lees, Cardiff University
As always the conference will be accompanied by a small commercial exhibition.
The ARMMS RF & Microwave Society would like to thank Interlligent UK for sponsoring the April 2018 meeting:
The ARMMS RF & Microwave Society is an independent professional society comprised of individuals with an interest in the design, production and measurement of devices and products operating at RF and Microwave frequencies. The Society serves as a focal point for discussions on a wide range of topics, particularly aspects relating to design, practical implementation, CAD and measurement.
Two meetings are held each year in the style of a small conference and associated exhibition. A wide range of technical papers is presented and proceedings are distributed to each delegate. A highlight of each meeting is the Society dinner, which provides an invaluable opportunity to meet like-minded colleagues.
The Oxford Belfry, Oxfordshire