CANCELLED: The social distancing rules put in place to combat the Covid-19 pandemic means that the April 2020 ARMMS meeting has had to be cancelled. All delegates who have already booked will be refunded in full.
First Programme Announcement
The conference will start at 12:30pm on Monday 27th of April with a buffet lunch and will end on the afternoon of Tuesday 28th at around 3:30pm. The attendance fee includes overnight accommodation and the Society dinner on the Monday evening. On-line booking and payment is now available.
Confirmed presentations for the next conference include:
· Active Load Pull System with DPD and ET Capabilities for Communication Systems PA Design, Dr. Dragan Gecan, Mesuro Focus
· Design of Planar Sensor for Material Characterization using Minkowski Fractal Technique, Giorgos Savvides, University of Leeds
· Directional Modulation Using Phased Arrays – Proof of Concept and Strategy for mmWave Implementation, Ben Goode, Cambridge Consultants
· Full Duplex Communications, RF Front End, Gavin Watkins, Toshiba Research Europe Limited
· RF System Design – Supplementing the Design Flow, Lord Ali, Surface Technology Intl. Ltd
· SIWAF for Space and Defence applications, Stephen Aubrey, Cobham
· Software Defined Transmitter for testing Load Pull due to antenna mutual coupling In Phased Arrays and MIMO, Roger Green, University of Bristol
· System Level Modelling Accuracy and the Impact on Active Antenna Radiation, Wissam Saab, AMCAD Engineering
· The Design and Simulation of a GaN Solid State Power Amplifier Operating Over 6 to 18 GHz with an Output Power of 70 Watt, Avtar Virdee, Microwave Technology Ltd
As always the conference will be accompanied by a small commercial exhibition.
The ARMMS RF & Microwave Society is an independent professional society comprised of individuals with an interest in the design, production and measurement of devices and products operating at RF and Microwave frequencies. The Society serves as a focal point for discussions on a wide range of topics, particularly aspects relating to design, practical implementation, CAD and measurement.
Two meetings are held each year in the style of a small conference and associated exhibition. A wide range of technical papers is presented and proceedings are distributed to each delegate. A highlight of each meeting is the Society dinner, which provides an invaluable opportunity to meet like-minded colleagues.
Double Tree by Hilton Oxford Belfry, Oxfordshire