Analog Devices, Inc. (ADI) has introduced the LT8650S, LT8652S and LT8653S dual-channel 4A/8.5A/2A synchronous step-down Silent Switcher® converters targeted for automotive, communications and solid state drive power supplies. The proprietary Silent Switcher 2 architecture along with spread spectrum frequency modulation ensures PCB layout robustness to achieve ultra-low EMI performance that easily meets CISPR25 emissions.
- Download data sheet, order samples and evaluation boards:
- Connect with engineers and ADI product experts on EngineerZone®, an online technical support community: http://ez.analog.com/power
- Watch a video about the Silent Switcher 2: https://www.analog.com/en/education/education-library/videos/5766619334001.html
- Find application notes and technical articles about Silent Switcher solutions from ADI: https://www.analog.com/en/products/landing-pages/001/silent-switcher.html
The LT8650S, LT8652S and LT8653S are also differentiated with their stackable-friendly outputs for higher current applications. Outputs can be paralleled to scale up or down the output current based on the system need while optimising thermal performance. This also helps to minimise inventory and qualification time with a single device. For example, the LT8652S provides 8.5A DC from each channel simultaneously or up to 12A on either channel. Synchronising two LT8652S chips can achieve a 4-phase, 34A supply.
LT8650S/LT8652S/LT8653S Key Features:
- Silent Switcher 2 Technology with Integrated Bypass Capacitors meets CISPR25 Emissions
- Ultralow Quiescent Current Burst Mode® for Light Load operation
- Up to 12A (LT8652S) on one channel
- Adjustable and Synchronisable Frequency (300kHz to 3MHz)
Pricing and Availability
|Price Each Per 1,000||Packaging|
|LT8650S||NOW||$5.75||4mm x 6mm LQFN|
|LT8652S||NOW||$4.50||4mm x 7mm LQFN|
|LT8653S||NOW||$4.02||4mm x 3mm LQFN|
About Analog Devices
Analog Devices is a leading global high-performance analogue technology company dedicated to solving the toughest engineering challenges. We enable our customers to interpret the world around us by intelligently bridging the physical and digital with unmatched technologies that sense, measure, power, connect and interpret. Visit http://www.analog.com.
Silent Switcher and EngineerZone are registered trademarks of Analog Devices, Inc.