Smiths Interconnect proudly announced the expansion of its Qualification and Test laboratory at its site in Suzhou, China.
The investment represents the latest in Smiths Interconnect’s ongoing investments in the new Suzhou facility following its establishment in 2018, as a Centre of Excellence.
The laboratory now offers a one-stop shop for critical qualification and testing of Smiths Interconnect’s semiconductor test products manufactured in China.
The test lab area was re-designed and additional test capabilities were added to enhance the company’s ability to quickly deliver products to the customer base in the Asia Pacific region and worldwide:
- A 67GHz Vector Network Analyzer to validate RF test performance of semiconductor test sockets.
- Two new multiple cycle testers that can support 5,000+ pin count, to validate electrical performance of high-count spring pin test sockets;
- A new Current Carrying Capacity tester to characterize temperature rise vs. current for electrical contacts.
- A Thermal Measurement system to evaluate heat-sinks for their effectiveness to cool high– power devices such as micro-processors.
- A laser cleaning machine to provide field maintenance recommendations and determine the products life cycle.
“The new test capabilities are a great addition to our existing equipment of Probe Card Analysers for WLCSP Probe heads” said Frank Zhou, Director of Product Engineering, APAC (Asia Pacific). “Our testing equipment enables us to quickly develop and deliver high quality, high performance semiconductor test products that meet our customers’ needs”.
Suzhou is a key facility for Smiths Interconnect’s semiconductor business. It now includes R&D, prototyping, manufacturing, failure analysis, test and qualification.
The multi-phased development will continue to receive investment over the coming years as Smiths Interconnect expands its test capabilities to meet the growing business needs.
About Smiths Interconnect
Smiths Interconnect is a leading provider of technically differentiated electronic components, subsystems, microwave and radio frequency products that connect, protect and control critical applications in the commercial aviation, defense, space, medical, rail, semiconductor test, wireless telecommunications, and industrial market segments. Smiths Interconnect is synonymous with exceptional performance whenever a technologically advanced, high quality solution is required to ensure reliability and safety.
Smiths Interconnect is part of Smiths Group, a global technology group delivering products and services for the medical, security & defence, general industrial, energy and space & commercial aerospace markets worldwide. Smiths Group employs approximately 22,000 people in over 50 countries and is listed on the London Stock Exchange.
Please visit our website www.smithsinterconnect.com